The other day I found the blogger calendar. It’s nice, it tells you all the important dates, and it gives you an idea about what you can blog. Well, as it has been created by Americans, it shows the American dates. So this week, beginning yesterday, is the week of freedom. I didn’t pay a lot of attention to it. I was thinking, well that’s nice, what is actually freedom. Well, then on Saturday I just got it, it’s 4th of July, the day of independence. So it is about what and why these things happened 234 years ago.
But, what does it actually means nowadays? The Americans like to celebrate this day with huge and beautiful fireworks and parties, and they are happy, because they are independent. In the classes of history it will be taught and explained, what those men and women have done in that times, and under what circumstances they had to fight for it.
But I ask you gently, for what? And I apologize, I don’t want this to be a negative article, just one, which shows a bit more awareness. What made people those days start this fight, what made them continue and then, no matter what, end it successfully?
And what happens to those thoughts today? With the children, who know by heart the 50/51 (official/inofficial) states and their capitals. Who know by heart their presidents. But who don`t know where Australia is, that in foreign countries there is electricity and Internet just as they have (believe me, all things I experienced with Americans by myself personally, and I don’t mean Americans, who live in Texas on a farm without TV...)
Who know exactly, what they want to buy and they just do it immediately, because there is this magician „credit“, who just makes it possible. And then they are damned to work the rest of their lives for 100hrs per week to be able to pay off their credit. And the things, they bought, can they enjoy it this way? I’m not pretty sure.
It is this mentality to want to have it right now, right here, no matter what. Is this still in the meaning of the independence their fathers and mothers fought 234 years ago for? Did they free themselves from the dependence of other powers, so that the people depend now from the mean magician „credit“?
And just to be aware: Here I talk about credits, you need for luxury, not those for life bringing or company building activities.
And Freedom, what did that mean those days, what does it mean nowadays? Is there freedom nowadays? Is it possible for people, no matter which origin or religion, to live just where they want and how they want (in the matter their lifestyle is no danger for other humans or creatures)?
And what about the freedom and independence of the Native Americans?
And then as well, Ponce de Leon, Christophe Columbus, what those discoverer wanted, people like to discuss it. Though there’s not much sense behind discussions as we never really will know it.
And as then on this famous 4th of July 1776 the independence has been declared, this ended the dependency of the English power, and in a sense as well of the European. So the little child „United States of America“ did its first steps alone, away from the protective and controlling hands of its father „England“. But what was in this little child’s head at that time? It just wanted to explore a bit its environment, I guess. Though if it imagined having this tough adult life nowadays, I am not pretty sure.
I wish for all Americans (and actually all nations in the world) to put away that falsifying glasses for a moment, and just see, what there is. And that they are aware, that no matter what comes along, no matter what people might say, everybody has his own destiny in his hand. There are more than enough examples, especially in America, which show you, how true this really is. Just take a look at their ways, at the strength and hope they got out of challenging obstacles in their ways.
Because this one thing is for sure, the American dream is still alive, in each and every single destiny, which strives it. With a little portion of individualism combined with the right amount of sense of community, in freedom and independency.
So with these words I wish you an awesome „week of freedom“.
No comments:
Post a Comment