Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bad habits

I just realize, bad organization, bad habit...sorry for that, let's just get through these "bad" things and we come along to the good ones...;o)

So today I would like to talk about those bad things in life: the bad habits.
You know the day you decide, you want to change your life. You read all that stuff about that new, better, healthier habit. And then you make a plan, you work it out and you start it. A few days it goes right, and then there is this one day, when you fail. You step back in your bad habit. It happened to me yesterday. And still, I noticed, I changed. As earlier on I used to give up my whole plan because of that one little failure. I used to say “Oh well, I knew it, I can’t do it, so to the hell with it”. Now I think differently, and I’d like to explain to you.

Now I had this one habit, to watch a lot of TV, and since a while I didn’t watch at all, my creativity is really thankful to it. But yesterday I was kind of curious about what’s going on. And it happened that there was this important election in Germany and one TV-Station would show it in direct. So I said, great, let’s check out. I didn’t stay the whole day in front of the TV, but the whole day I didn’t manage to do what I usually do (in my new habits). So everything was completely thrown around. It happened that I started to watch it at 9.30AM and the election was finished at 9h30PM (it’s a long story, political). And the whole day along they showed interviews and the background and so on.

But anyway, that’s not what this post is about. It is about the fact that this time I reacted differently. Now, today, I take this yesterday as what it is, as yesterday. Today is different and so what? Sometimes to go on you need to take two steps back, so that’s all what happened. Not my whole plan is wasted, not my energy is wasted. That’s what I used to think, but now I just go on. Today I get back to the point I was before yesterday and everything is fine. This creepy little voice, who likes to tell me, how stupid I am, and that this would be just another proof that I am not worth it, you know what? I told it to hold it, to shut up and take a break. And now I am fine. I know it sounds a bit crazy, maybe, but maybe sometimes we just need a little bit of craziness in life…

If you want to break a habit you used to have for years, it is just normal to fall back, but it’s important to get back up and go on…so that’s what I am doing now, I go on with my researches I did before yesterday…hopefully don’t fall back into the bad habit to let you wait with the next blog entry, so long and have a nice day…

Ildikó

2 comments:

  1. If you have had a habit for years its natural it might come back. The only thing is to go with the flow and not let it overpower you. Nice post !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you UB... and yes you're right, it takes time, but that's exactly what a lot of people don't think about..."go with the flow", I like that one ;)

    ReplyDelete